The Academic Board functions as the technical oversight body that offers guidance and makes recommendations regarding the academic life of the University.
The Academic Board is comprised of the following:
- The President who functions as the Chair of the Board
- Vice Presidents
- Principals of the Colleges
- Academic Deans/ Vice Principals
- The Registrar
- Director –Library and Media Services
- Director – Financial & Business Services
- Not more than three Programme Directors and three lecturers appointed by the General Council on the recommendation of the offices of the President and the Principals after consultation with Deans as required.
- Four to six persons offering special expertise, appointed by the General Council on the recommendation of the President.
The Academic Board is accountable to the General Council.