The University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) is the accrediting body for tertiary programmes in Jamaica.
There are several accredited programmes offered through College for Leadership and Theological Development (CTLD) [formerly Institute for Theological and Leadership Development] and Mel Nathan College (MNC)
Accredited CLTD programmes:
- Diploma in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Guidance and Counselling (degree completion)
- Bachelor of Arts in Guidance and Counselling (4-year degree)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Psychology and Counselling (MAPPC)
- (in collaboration with St. Stephen's College (SSC), Edmonton, Canada)
Accredited MNC programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with specialization in Programme and Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Accreditation is currently being sought for all other programmes through the UCJ.
The normal procedure is for programmes to be delivered in keeping with UCJ guidelines and then submitted for accreditation after the graduation of the first cohort.